Image Map

Maternity Wardrobe Basics

I have become a little obsessed with maternity clothing lately. I'm lucky this time in that I have all the basics, and Ive been able to concentrate on finding some really great pieces to make my wardrobe pop.  This time around I'm going to really be showing through early spring and summer so I can really show off my bump!

A few of the pieces I will be recycling from my previous pregnancies are

1. Skinny Jeans
A dark wash is universally flattering, and I'm in love with these vintage skinnies from Asos Maternity. One thing you're going to want to look for is some stretch in the upper thighs and butt, enough that the pants in the event your butt grows, but not enough that they will stretch out and be saggy by the end of the day. 











2.  Leggings
If you lived in your leggings pre-pregnancy you're going to want to have a few pairs on hand now as well. You may be able to recycle some that you already own, ones that sit really low under the belly, or have a thicker waist band. Maternity leggings can be had as a splurge or a steal, Walmart carries a line of thick banded/low rise leggings under their G21 brand for $6. I have them in about ten different colors, I bought them in a size up from pre-preg and have worn them through three pregnancies and now into my fourth.  If you want to splurge though, I cant say enough about Isabella Oliver Maternity Leggings, they're softer and stretch across your skin so nicely, definitely worth the splurge.
3. Long tanks and Tees
These can be bought almost anywhere, and don't necessarily need to be maternity. The secret is to look for the longest you can find and you should be able to make it through.  Don't buy bigger to get longer though or you'll have gaping at the top, one of my favorite brands for tanks is Old Navy because they carry long sizes.  These are great for layering during your pregnancy, but also after while you're trying to hide the extra bulge, and they're great to layer while nursing baby, a long tank top under a tshirt is the perfect way to keep your belly under wraps while baby eats.   You're going to want black and white at the bare minimum and a few fun colors as well.


You'll also be able to borrow some basic pieces from your regular wardrobe, blazers, yoga pants, anything with a fold over waist, cardigans, sun dresses and of course, all your accessories can help to bulk up your maternity style. 
What are your maternity must haves?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin