Image Map

Nautical Nursery


Photo Source

Photo Source

























Ever since I found out that this baby is a boy, I have been scouring every source I can find for nursery inspiration.  At this point I consider myself somewhat of a professional at girls rooms, but boys are a mystery in pretty much every way, and I have to admit, I'm a little lost on how to mesh boy stuff with our home style.
Luckily there are some incredibly talented amateur and professional designers out there and I have found more than inspiration than I can ever use ( short of becoming a Duggar).  Now the hard part will be choosing the inspiration for my own little boys room.
One of the themes I really like is the nautical theme, it would be so easy to do a fully nautical themed room, or just use a few elements to add a little preppiness to your nursery.

I love the color possibilities in a nautical theme. I also really like how it can carry a travel theme without being too mature-looking. Another big bonus about a nautical theme is that it can grow with your baby, or even work for a shared room, just switch out the crib for a mates-style bed and your big boy will fit right in too. 
 
 

 
1. Crab Pillow, $15 Personalised with Love
 
 
2.Burlap Banner $15 Mr and Mrs and Co.
 
 
3. Anchor Wall Hook, $15 The Shabby Shack
 
 
4. Wooden Whale Wall Art, $89 Slippin Southern
 
 
5. Light Switch Covers, $16 SSK Designs
 
 
6. Sailboat Mobile $89 MichimaLLC



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin